Social Strategies to Grow Contactless Sales
The initial shock of the pandemic is over and dealers across the country are carefully crafting plans for recovery. The swift adoption of digital shopping has changed the way customers want to engage with businesses, especially dealerships. Time spent on social networks has grown in 2020, with adults spending 11 extra minutes on social per day1.
Dealers today need to be ready to engage and support shoppers where they are online. Now is the time for dealers to secure their long-term health by embracing and prioritizing their brand presence on social media.
According to Sincro data, costs for social media advertising are down significantly across the board, giving dealers the best ‘bang for their buck’ on all major social advertising channels. The average Cost per Lead (CPL) has dropped 48% since February. Not only are leads now very affordable, all other social metrics that aid dealers in branding, lead generation, and inventory views have all improved since February 20202 .
As communities and businesses reopen and dealerships evaluate how to stay connected with their shoppers, it’s hard to ignore the story this data tells. Active in-market car shoppers are engaging on social channels and dealers who go after these shoppers will set themselves up for growth.
Sincro has been tracking the changes in shopper purchase behavior and has built strategies to help dealers secure their presence on social to grow their business virtually for the new era of contactless sales.
1. Prioritize transparency and responsiveness
Consumer demand for transparency will remain strong. Dealerships must continue to earn shoppers’ trust. Invest in both paid and organic tactics to educate shoppers on what to expect from a contactless shopping experience to safeguard the health of the community.
- Carousel-style ads to drive awareness about the variety of health and safety measures in place can put shoppers at ease
- Post videos on your dealership Facebook profile to showcase your virtual test drives to engage and earn more interest from new shoppers
- Perhaps most importantly, utilize Facebook Messenger to personally connect with customers in a way that’s convenient and comfortable to them
2. Extend your showroom virtually
Use Facebook and Instagram as virtual extensions of your physical showroom.
- Showcase inventory you’re focused on moving using Automotive Inventory Ads
- Automotive Inventory Ads match a shopper’s profile with vehicles they’ve already researched on your website and other automotive industry sites
- Leverage the popularity of video with attention grabbing in-motion inventory-based ads that encourage in-app exploration of vehicles
- List your used inventory on Facebook Marketplace and weave in organic posts that compliment your VIN-level social strategy
3. Be community-first
While engagement and leads on social media are growing rapidly, not all consumers are comfortable buying right now. Some shoppers may require a longer sales funnel to convert and desire a deeper connection with your brand before taking the next step.
- Publish content on your social media channels to demonstrate the efforts your dealership is taking to support your community, this can earn shoppers’ brand buy-in and grow your funnel
- Activate services and partnerships to build relationships and trust with your community and promote your successes on your social channels. Examples:
- Provide free disinfecting service to build trust and drive more service appointments
- Promote your dealership as a drop-off location for local food banks to strengthen community relations
To learn more on how social media strategies can position your dealership for success for the new era of contactless sales and to see examples of how these tactics have driven success for dealers during COVID-19, watch our webinar “Social Strategies to Grow Contactless Sales“
1 eMarketer, US Mobile Time Spent 2020
2 Sincro Business Insights 2020