Optimize Your Website for the Holidays
The holiday season is in full swing, so now is the perfect time to spread some of that holiday cheer by giving your website some love. Making sure your website is up-to-date with current information and messaging is always important, but the holidays can present a few extra opportunities for updates and content. Here are some things you should be checking to wrap up the year strong:
Check and Update Store Hours
Does your dealership adjust hours in the winter? Your dealership may have changed schedules during the holiday season. Make sure accurate store hours and any days you will be closed for the holidays is reflected on your site and on your Google Business Profile.
- Change the hours in website settings to reflect any changes or closures. This may need to be done the week of the holiday and then changed back manually after, so schedule yourself a reminder to readjust after the holiday. For those of you with a Sincro website, you can find instructions on how to change hours on our Sincro Help Site.
- Schedule a templated slide or banner with a holiday message and text to show holiday hours or closures. This can be placed on the homepage, VSR, and hours & directions page for visibility.
- Create a Message Pop that shows holiday hours along with a holiday greeting. Remember to set the start and end date, as needed.
- Google makes it easy to schedule special hours. Make sure your business hours are updated not just for days you will be closed, but days you may close early as well.
Everyone knows the best way to spread holiday cheer is singing loud for all to hear. Since you can’t sing through your website, check with your website vendor on available seasonal designs. These can be set up in advance, so you don’t have to remember to make changes right before the holiday. Sincro has some beautiful designs you can use all year long.
Shoppers tend to associate Black Friday and Christmas as a time to expect big sales. Even with low inventory, you may still want to showcase a sale and messaging encouraging customers to take advantage of the holiday savings. A few ideas to spark your interest:
- Countdown Clock, which can be used to countdown to:
- End-of-the-Year Sale
- Christmas Countdown to Savings
- End of Season Sale
- Add static tiles on your homepage with your best 3-4 offers. This can be used for both sales & service offers, and can be set up as a holiday special section of the homepage
- Add a banner on the VSR page
- Spotlight specials in your VSR listings
- Add a landing page showcasing the inventory you want to highlight – don’t forget to work with your SEO team to optimize the text and make a GMB post that matches the page
- Promo pop or Message pop with the sale message you want to highlight
These are just a few ideas on what can be done on the website and we hope you use them to have a wonderful December and a Happy New Year!
Sarah Roberts, Digital Performance Strategist
Sarah partners with dealerships to use data-driven website optimizations which provide the best shopping experience, while continuing to focus on dealership goals. She has been part of the Sincro team for 10 years, most recently as a Digital Performance Strategist. Sarah is looking forward to the upcoming Christmas holiday, where she will spend her time baking, finding any excuse to give people a present, and spending time with family.